Sunday, January 31, 2010

Little Things

There's an old saying about how "its the little things that count." I'm finding that true in my life with my T. Angela, as David, was always the gentleman; he opened doors, carried the heavy stuff, and did all the guy things. He also helped out in the kitchen and with raising our daughter. Now, I find that all those things continue, only now there is more granddaughter things on her list than helping the daughter things. The little things I'm talking about though, are just about the two of us: She is the one who fills the humidifier every-other-night. She's the one who says, kindly, "don't you think you should wear your compression arm," when I'm doing something unusual (it's for Lymphadema after the cancer surgery). She's the one who always takes the heavy end when we're liftiing something, even though her strength is much less than when she was a man due to the female hormones. She's the one who notices when I'm tired and suggests a break, a rest, or a nap. In short, she is always doing the little things that make my life easier. I appreciate that more than she will ever know. It's great to be married to a Trans!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I just wanted to drop you a note to say that I enjoy reading your blog very much. There's so much negativity out there that it's nice to read about a couple who "survived". It gives me hope that my spouse and I will also make it through :)

Jonni Pettit said...

Angela - email me at jonnip@hughes.net, and we can talk less publically, if you wish. My Angela and I would be happy to talk with you &/or your wife also.

Mikokiko said...

Hi you 2 :)

Hope you are all well.

Would love to chat with you both sometime. I pretty much echo what Angela says above!

xoxox