Thursday, December 11, 2008

How'd a week get by while I wasn't looking?

Okay, it's December, and the days whiz by. I know that; gads, I can't believe a whole year has zipped by me, much less a week! BUT, I do TRY to not let so many days get by me between posts.

I admit to being worse since Kathryn died. I miss her so much. It's been a month and 4 days right now. She died in my arms at 11:35 p.m. I hate it. That's not to take away the fact that I love our other two dogs, but Kathryn was special. We all have those special pets, and she was one. So, I get lost sometimes, just thinking about her and missing her. Angela has been a sympathetic comfort as she misses her too.

I like winter, but I don't like damp cold, and that's what we've had of late. I get house bound and that means lots of reading and snuggling in. Now, when we lived in snow country, I liked to walk in the snow (No, I didn't like driving on ice at all!), even when there was a blizzard out. We lived in South Dakota, and I grew up in Ohio and Kansas. Angela grew up near Buffalo, and she thrives in winter weather. That means she is always up for raking leaves, trimming trees, and all that outdoor stuff. Good thing, or I'd stay indoors for half our winter months. She takes the baby out to play in the leaves. I go out and take pictures, then return to snuggle in with my book. I love her to death.

We've been RVing too - and it was cold at Duncan Mills (near the coast along the Russian River). We had dirty dog feet problems, but we overcame them with love and patience. Bless Angela's heart. Since we've been back, she jury rigged an extension on our outdoor RV hose so we can wash the dogs feet outside in warm water (we've been using a pan of warm water). She also made a duck board so they won't be standing in mud. Now, that's not only helpful, but above and beyond the call of duty! See what I mean about the bennies of being married to a T.

So, that's how the time gets by me. I'm just blessed with an understanding T that I love to death!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Hi Jonni:

I am very sorry to hear about your loss.

I have transitioned and am also married. I got my wife a french bulldog a couple of years ago and she has helped my wife to cope with some of what she was going through after my change. She loves that dog so much and it has brought us closer together.

Lori D said...

Jonni,
I too am sorry to hear about this news. These losses are generally undervalued by most, however the pain is not dissimilar to that of losing a human loved one. I grieved enormously at the loss of each of my beautiful Siamese cats.

I just recently find your site and am encouraged that there are indeed couples like your that can persevere and even remain happy. I'm desperately trying to arrive at the point with my own spouse, but it's simply tearing us at our core. Thank you for being open about the possibilities of a lasting relationship.